Friday, June 20, 2014

Release - Five Minute Friday

I took off my wedding ring, and gave him over to you.  You know his heart.  You know how his brain works.  You made him.  And everything you make is good.  Even if I can't see it.  I know you made him and declared him good.  I know he has the capacity to love even if he has a very odd way of showing it.  I know you know what this is doing to me.

I wanted to fix him.  I wanted to love him enough for him to change.  I gave him my body.  I gave him children.  I gave him as much patience and understanding as I could muster.  Now I could see it was never going to be enough.

So I gave him to you.  You are the only one who can do the work.  I know you are on our side.  I know you want marriages to work because we stood in front of you and made promises and you take promises seriously.

Today my wedding ring is firmly on my finger, but I still give him to you.  I still give you our marriage, our children, our family.  Because I have held on to that knowledge that I am small and weak and cannot hold things together on my own.  Because I'm not supposed to.  You are the one who holds all things together.  You are the one in which we can rest.  Because we have released it all into your hands.


Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Such a hard thing to do. I am doing the same thing with my son...heart breaking and healing all at the same time. Stopping by from FMF...{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such beautiful wisdom. It's so hard for us to let go, but it is then that God steps in and does what only He can do.
    Thank you so much for visiting. I am so happy to meet you!

    ReplyDelete