Friday, April 27, 2018

What now?

The answer is not in a wine glass
Whether rose or chardonnay
I don't think the answer is checking off all the things on my to-do list every day.

I don't think it's as simple as letting the bygones be gone
Even though letting go is where I'm finding my beginning,
I still feel the paralysis of self-doubt and fear lingering.

I want to know who I am, who is me?
I want to feel boundless, I want to feel free.
I'm not who I was because I only thought of others
Now to discover myself, who did God make me to be?

Wind in my hair, a song on my lips
Tasting His goodness, chewing bread, wine in sips.
Jesus is mine, in Him I am found
I sing a new song, I praise Him with sound.

His blessings are present all the time, in all weathers.
He takes care of the birds, he knows all their feathers.
Every hair on my head whether white or brown,
He counts every one and then gives me a crown.

I am his daughter, He is my father, my King.
Jesus prepares me a place even as He dawns a new day.
God is the potter, I am the clay

However He fashions me, I'm willing to be molded.
I know He is good, I no longer fear being scolded.
There are things he's preparing, things for me alone to do.

I don't think they are difficult, not when I can rest in Him.
After all, He once made a miracle out of fish and bread,
And He has brought me back from wishing I were dead.

Show me Lord, the wonders and simplicity
Of living for you,
The Holy Spirit burned down the old and now I'm made new.

My grave clothes untied,
A shack destroyed.
I saw Heaven opened, angelic light and myself as a bride.

Thank you for the pictures,
Thank you for the friends,
For prayers and visions,
healing hands and glimpses round the bends.

I don't know what I'm doing or what to say,
I don't know where to go, or how to stay
Except to remember what you said to Thomas,
You will know who to follow, because I am the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment