Monday, August 31, 2015

What I learned in August


  1. Hosting a party is fun until everyone leaves and then I mourn the goodbyes intensely for 24 hours.
  2. School supply shopping is ridiculously stressful.  But shout out to Office Depot for having the multiplication flashcards I couldn't find anywhere else!
  3. If you don't have friends yet, school sucks.
  4. Once you get friends at school, it sucks a little less.
  5. I get depressed when I'm home alone, and still don't do the housework.
  6. Screaming and crying in the car is cathartic when you are particularly irked by a situation.
  7. Good teachers are a lifesaver.
  8. Tantrums and intense emotions....apparently they are par for the course when you have a gifted child (or were a gifted child).
  9. You can't hide your stress from a massage therapist!
  10. Settling in a new city takes a lot longer than I want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment