Sunday, April 08, 2018

New Life

It’s time to stop living a half-lived life.

It’s time to say goodbye to “good girl”, tuck her up and say “night, night”

Her work is done, she can do no more

Her story says “The End”

Because that’s not who I am anymore!


Seven years from being born again
But never fully claiming the freedom of what that means
Three years from making a big choice, starting to find my voice
Believing that I matter, that I can do things for ME
I’m not the only one who feels, I’m not the only one who needs set free

Free from the past and the bonds that ensnared me
Free from the pain, the fear and the tragedy

It might have been tough, but I don’t need pity
It might have been scary but I learned to be brave
I was alone and lonely but that’s not strictly true
You showed me love was present,
Now I can let go of thinking those were things only she was “supposed” to do

Comfort, nurture, love, and warmth
Hugs, a blanket, friends and prayer
Finding rest in sleep and sitting in a chair.
Flowers and sunshine, wind and rain
In all of these I was found again

No comments:

Post a Comment